Sales Account Manager – Recruitment, Norwich
Location: Norwich (Head Office)
Closing date: Nov. 22, 2018
Download: Job Description & Person Spec
This role sits within our successful recruitment advertising team who provide digital and print advertising solutions for businesses, organisations and agencies who need to advertise their current vacancies. Our popular Jobs24 brand and numerous supporting print possibilities make us a strong local proposition.
You must be able to demonstrate some kind of sales experience coupled with excellent customer service skills, ensuring that all conversations you have with customers and potential advertisers enable them to understand the solutions we offer and feel confident that the knowledge you have and data you can provide them with will work for them.
Knowledge of the recruitment marketplace would be helpful albeit not essential. A lot of the phone calls are incoming enquiries that when dealt with brilliantly should convert into a sale. There will also be the opportunity to make outgoing calls, speaking to businesses that you know have vacancies. These calls should be consultative and persuasive, leading you to be able to explain well the proposition we have and giving the potential advertiser confidence in our products.
We welcome applications from individuals seeking part time hours, working at our head office in Norwich city centre.
- Sell recruitment advertising onto relevant Archant print & digital products and platforms
- Canvass and sell the benefits of recruitment advertising to employers, recruiters, agencies and employment bodies
- Target advertisers using competitive publications or job boards
- Develop and sell themed recruitment promotions to target sectors
- Advise on advertising copy
- Process orders accurately using the OBA booking system
- Set out clear written sales proposals that support recommendations made to advertisers
- Ensure that excellent relationships with customers are maintained
- Resolve problems quickly and efficiently
- Enjoy working in a small, friendly team
YOU WILL HAVE:
- A sales background, ideally telephone based
- Good persuasive communication skills
- Experience at overcoming objections
- Drive to follow up leads and opportunities
- Great written communication skills
- Ability to turn enquiries into opportunities
- Preference to work in a fast-paced, target driven environment
- Ability to build rapport and listen carefully to customers
- Strong organisation skills
- A great sense of humour
SALARY, BONUS & BENEFITS
- Basic salary paying up to £19,500 (pro rata for part time)
- £8,400 OTE potential (pro rata for part time)
- Monday to Friday working hours
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Free monthly publications
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give As You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
A few facts about us:
- We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
- Every member of our family receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 40 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
- There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our Staff Forums and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
- Archant’s state-of-the-art print centre team have won numerous awards for their service levels and green credentials. As well as our own newspapers, we print over 40 other publications for brands including The Racing Post, Classic Car Weekly and Oxfam. Our giant presses can print 22 full newspapers per second!
- Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Rolls Royce, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
- We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
Back to job listings