Office Manager, Maternity Cover Fixed-Term Contract, Cheltenham
Closing date: Nov. 30, 2018
Download: Job Description & Person Spec
Office Manager, Maternity Cover Fixed-Term Contract, Cheltenham
Contract beginning of January 2019 to end of March 2020
Salary: £20k-£22k per year
This is an exciting opportunity to be heavily involved in ensuring the smooth running of our Cheltenham office on a day-to-day basis, holding responsibility for a diverse set of administrative tasks.
The successful applicant will have the ability to think quickly on their feet, identifying solutions and resolving problems, and be quality conscious, service minded, outgoing and independent. You will be supporting multiple teams and various managers and so it is vital that you are a confident communicator and have the ability to quickly assimilate information and use your own initiative in working to deadlines.
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- General first point of contact for any queries from staff, visitors, suppliers or contractors, and for any problems with the building
- Regular liaison with both the landlord and our internal facilities company
- Maintaining up-to-date keyholder info for the building and ensuring the building is locked and alarmed every night
- Ordering business cards for Cheltenham staff and other home workers
- Managing petty cash
- Maintaining up-to-date office floor plans and organisation charts using Visio
- Organising, issuing the agenda for and taking actions at various meetings and allocating time in the diary for actions to be completed
- Administrative duties for key projects
- Ad hoc jobs for other managers e.g. research/collating info/processing expenses claims, preparing PowerPoints and booking hotels
- Liaison with Pitch & Projects team at head office to arrange print graphics to enhance the working environment
- Encouraging everyone to keep the office as tidy as possible and facilitating this through suitable recycling facilities and occasional skip ordering
- Scoping and planning any necessary office or desk moves, or internal structural changes to the building - liaising with all the relevant parties and preparing a comprehensive logistics and communication plan
- Issuing important communications relating to the office inc. announcements
- Working closely with the driver administrator covering the maternity leave to assist with the provision (and collection) of fleet cars/short-term hires for new starters and leavers, arranging internal logistical movements, processing new car orders and completing all associated paperwork
- Working with the receptionist to provide a professional and competent first point of contact for enquiries throughout the day whilst providing excellent customer service through communication via telephone, face to face, post and email
- Providing reception cover in case of absence/holiday including:
- Greeting visitors, signing for deliveries, arranging couriers and booking taxis
- Distributing incoming post and processing outgoing post
- Ordering office stationery including letterheads and compliment slips
- Managing the office meeting rooms, meeting room calendars and the conference call number
- Making sure rooms are ready each morning and have standard equipment e.g. flip chart and pens, and where requested water jug & glasses, tea & coffee facilities
- Creating/maintaining an up to date ‘office manual’ for reception which will include phone lists, floor plans and useful numbers
- Checking all Archant Cheltenham websites, plus the staff lists in each magazine to ensure the contact details are correct and working with AIS to ensure local email groups are updated
- Updating the building’s notice boards with the latest HR and H&S information
- Keeping the entrance, reception and post areas neat and tidy and reminding others to keep their floors tidy
- Developing a good understanding of how Archant operates and an in-depth knowledge of all publications and offices etc.
Please apply if you have:
- GCSE in English grade A-C or equivalent
- Previous experience as an office manager, PA or receptionist in an SME or equivalent customer service background
- Competent keyboard skills
- Experience in a media/publishing industry would be advantageous but is not essential
- Microsoft Office – Word essential, Excel ideal, PowerPoint ideal
Very shortly after receiving your CV, if we are interested we will call you to understand why you believe you have all the right attributes and are perfect to be shortlisted for interview, so please be prepared and look forward to this phone call. All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
A few facts about us:
- We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
- Every member of our family receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 40 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
- There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our Staff Forums and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
- Archant’s state-of-the-art print centre team have won numerous awards for their service levels and green credentials. As well as our own newspapers, we print over 40 other publications for brands including The Racing Post, Classic Car Weekly and Oxfam. Our giant presses can print 22 full newspapers per second!
- Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Rolls Royce, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
- We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.
To apply, please send your CV to Daniel.King@archant.co.uk
Back to job listings