Location: Norwich (Head Office)
Closing date: Sept. 28, 2018
Download: Job Description
Download: Personal Specification
Download: Application Form (PDF)
Download: Application Form (word)
This is a great opportunity to step into the world of media as full training is given for this Media Sales Executive role. If you have telephone sales talent particularly within the digital arena but would like to transfer those skills into the exciting world of advertising sales then please keep reading.
This telephone based sales role will see you selling integrated and bespoke digital and print advertising campaigns and solutions to local businesses. As well as managing existing customers you will also win new clients inspiring them with genuine cost effective ideas and solutions tailor-made for them.
Working on our classified advertising team with a range of media titles that include EDP 24, EDP, Evening News, Norfolk Magazine, LS24, Let’s Talk and our Advertiser & Times series just some of the 13 trusted local brands that make up a strong advertising portfolio for local business to use to advertise.
You will have great listening and questioning skills to fully understanding your clients needs and offer the right multi-platform campaigns; print, digital display advertising, programmatic advertising, mobile websites, apps, content marketing, e-newsletters and social media.
You will need good attention to detail to upload adverts onto our system, chase copy and approvals from your clients and ensure that the advert is perfect in terms of date, time, content, size, colour and publication. There are several special publications produced throughout the year which give advertisers added opportunity to reach their target audience and you will also sell this into your designated area.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is determined to achieve, learn and grow their client base. Through this approach you will win clients and customers build them great campaigns and ensure that Archant becomes an integral part of their advertising and marketing solutions.
• Proven telephone sales experience.
• Strong B2B sales background
• Proven track record in selling to SME’s / professional businesses
• Broad knowledge of digital advertising campaigns
• Excellent business acumen able to converse well with a range of clients
• Ideally from an advertising/marketing media background
• Preference to win new business and create own leads
• Working knowledge of print and digital solutions
• Willing to learn and develop within the media industry
• Good working knowledge of a range of IT systems • Excellent attention to detail • Strong time management
SALARY, BONUS & BENEFITS
• Basic starting salary of £17575 rising to £18,500 after 6 months • Achievable monthly commission structure and on-target earnings of £8,400 per annum • New starters bonus scheme to support bonus potential in 1st 6 months • Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays • Cycle to Work scheme • Archant Gold - matched charity fundraising • Give As You Earn - tax-free charity giving scheme
Very shortly after receiving your CV, if we are interested we will call you to understand why you believe you have all the right attributes and are perfect to be shortlisted for interview, so please be prepared and look forward to this phone call. All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
A few facts about us:
© Archant Ltd 2013