Events Executive, Cheltenham
Closing date: Nov. 18, 2019
Download: Job Description & Person Spec
We have two amazing opportunities on our Events team where you will be helping to deliver a programme of successful events that raise the profile of our magazine brands.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Assist in all aspects of the development and delivery of events and lead specified events and activities where relevant
- Assist in the management of sponsors and finalists
- Creatively develop the events portfolio to increase associated revenue
- Assist with the commercial planning to ensure that budget is reached and be aware of profit targets
- Work closely with colleagues in the Magazine Events Hub providing support and assistance to colleagues’ workloads when required
- Prepare written material for inclusion in brochures, newspaper and web articles connected with events
- Take a “front of house” role at events
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Events-related experience of managing and organising events
- Experience working at events “front of house”
- Strong organisational/events admin skills
- Ability to prepare documentation/reports
- Brand awareness and marketing techniques
- Negotiation skills to reach compromises
- Superb communication skills
This is a full-time opportunity based in our Cheltenham office. The working days and hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm but as is the nature with events-related opportunities you will be required to travel and occasionally work out-of-office hours and weekends.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Basic salary £17,100 rising to £18k after probationary period
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
If you have the relevant events experience that we are seeking then please send your CV to us as soon as possible.
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of your application, then you can assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
Back to job listings