Events Assistant, Warrington
Brand: Cheshire Life
Location: Daresbury (Warrington)
Closing date: March 9, 2018
Download: Job Description
Download: Person Specification
Our prestigious portfolio of magazines such as Cheshire Life, Lancashire Life and Yorkshire Life host some of region’s most successful events, including food & drink awards and agricultural shows, as well as great competitions and promotions throughout the year.
We are looking for a dynamic, hardworking and confident Administrator to work within our successful events team in Daresbury, Warrington. This is a busy and diverse role in which you will be:
- Supporting the Marketing and Promotions Manager with organising events, hospitality and media partnerships
- Handling sponsorship partnership admin and liaison
- Creating and dealing with competition responses
- Assisting in the administration of promotions and media partnerships including RSVPS, invitations, ticket payments etc
- Creating written material for posters, leaflets and programmes, and proofreading copy
- Attending shows, events and awards nights throughout the year
- Getting the best prices for materials and equipments needed
- Using social media to drive brands and event awareness
- Having full responsibility for mini projects
- Opening post, processing expenses, answering incoming calls
- Generating reports
- Supporting the sales team when required with copy chasing, booking on adverts and newsletters
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to write material of high quality
- Excellent planning, organisational and administration skills
- A high level of enthusiasm, self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to negotiate best prices
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word & Excel)
- Creative ideas and fresh eyes – can we do things differently?
- Ability to manage own time across several projects and work to deadlines
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Basic starting salary of up to £17,250
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give As You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
Very shortly after receiving your CV, if we are interested we will call you to understand why you believe you have all the right attributes and are perfect to be shortlisted for interview, so please be prepared and look forward to this phone call. All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
You can discover what it’s like to work here in our Careers Centre at www.archant.co.uk/careers and for a complete view of our portfolio, visit www.archanthub.co.uk
A few facts about us:
- We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
- Every member of our family receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 40 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
- There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our Staff Forums and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
- Archant’s state-of-the-art print centre team have won numerous awards for their service levels and green credentials. As well as our own newspapers, we print over 40 other publications for brands including The Racing Post, Classic Car Weekly and Oxfam. Our giant presses can print 22 full newspapers per second!
- Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Rolls Royce, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
- We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to job listings